Community Events


Baby Tyler "Bug" Needs You!




Click the pic to read Tyler's story!
 
 
Kinley’s Helping Hands Toy Drive 
 
 
 

She did an amazing job! So proud!

Posted by Danielle Barley on Monday, June 8, 2015

Mekinley Elrod is an 11 year old girl, that has had a rough medical road, Her journey  began when she was only 3 days old with a 2 ½ month stay at Kosair Children’s Hospital.  She  was diagnosed with Panhypopituarism, (no pituitary gland) and endured numerous surgeries, including a heart surgery to close a valve.  It has been a revolving door at Kosair Children’s Hospital ever since, as illnesses and viruses are major threats to Mekinley, and can lead to being admitted into the hospital.
 
Now…she wants to give back along with Texas Roadhouse!  

 
 
 
 
 

Meet 6-year-old Audrey Nethery.  She lives here in Louisville and has Diamond Blackfan Anemia, which is a rare bone marrow disorder…and is 100% ADORABLE. Her body doesn't produce red blood cells which are needed to live. DBA patients either require blood transfusions every 3-5 weeks to live, or some have to take a steroid to stimulate their bone marrow to produce red blood cells. Unfortunately the steroid has many side effects and only around 40% of patients respond to the steroid. Researchers have lost their grants to continue working toward a cure, so now it is up to DBA families to raise funds to keep research going.   Find out more about DBA at www.dbafoundation.org. 

 

 
 
Megan & Aaron Foote Benefit
 
You are invited out to a benefit night for couples in the KYANG that struggle with infertility. It’s June 27th @ 10:00 p.m. at Sol Aztecas in Fern Creek. DJ Vic Santana will be hosting and there will be raffle opportunities for attendees. Aaron and Megan have been married for three years, together over six. Being parents is one of their most looked forward to experiences together. They have been unsuccessful and have exhausted all avenues up to their final hope of conception being IVF. 70% of all donations or money made will go towards the IVF procedure for the Foote family. The other 30% will be donated to other families in the 123rd Kentucky Air National Guard also seeking treatment for fertility.
 
Check out their GoFundMe page HERE.
 
 




 
On Twitter
On Facebook
Event  Calendar