You are the key to ending homelessness.
Join St. John’s Center as they carry on the traditions from the 1920’s Harlem Rent Parties, when neighbors would come together for a party to raise rent for their neighbors. 193 homeless men received housing this year…let’s raise rent and help even more men into housing next year. Enjoy food, drink, music, auction and raffle.
It’s March 2, 2019 at Mellwood Arts Center from 7-11pm. Tickets are $40 each.
About St. John’s Center For Homeless Men:
St. John Center is where homeless men “seek help, find hope, and move forward.” They offer two complimentary programs that help our clients break down the barriers that stand between homelessness and housing.
They are changing the lives of homeless men for good. Some of the most critical services they provide are:
- Daytime Shelter – they provide a safe place for homeless men during the day.
- Basic Human Needs – they provide photo ID’s, birth certificates, transportation, and even hot showers that are essential for every human being.
- Legal Services – Homeless men can receive legal counseling and assistance from their partners.
- Outreach to Veterans – Homeless vets can get the help they need from their in house VA professionals.
- Housing Counseling – Homeless men can receive the guidance they need to apply for housing and support as they move through our Supportive Housing Program.
- Employment Assistance – Homeless men can receive critical job training and help finding work again so they can become self sufficient.
- Intensive Case Management – They assess the needs of every homeless man who visits St. John Center, and provide case management as they move from homelessness into housing.